Did you know:
· In 2005 Dr. David Sabgir, a cardiologist in Columbus, Ohio started “Walk with a Doc.”
· His invitation to his patients to go for a walk with him came out of his frustration with his own inability to impact change in patient behaviour.
· The day of the first walk, 100 people showed up, ready to move!
· From here, “Just Walk” was then formed to involve all healthcare professionals, including physicians.
· The BFHT has just recently become an official chapter of Just Walk.
· At the beginning of each walk the healthcare professional will give a 5-10 minute presentation on a health topic. This is then followed by a walk at your own pace led by the healthcare professional. Each event (presentation + walk) is 1-hour in length.
To attend the inaugural walk, join Jake, one of our physiotherapists, on Saturday, October 15th at 9am on the Waterfront Trail across from Joseph Brant Hospital for a talk on “The Canadian 24hr Movement Guidelines.”