We understand that for many people, the current COVID-19 pandemic situation may be distressing and anxiety-provoking. We’d like to share some resources with you that you may find helpful during this time.
Free online resources:
· Coronavirus support/resources: https://www.virusanxiety.com/
· Anxiety Canada: https://www.anxietycanada.com/
· Online Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction course: https://palousemindfulness.com/
Phone counselling support:
· If you’re feeling isolated, lonely, or otherwise distressed and looking to speak to someone anonymously, the Halton Distress Centre is a great resource. The Burlington number is: 905-681-1488.
(More information can be found here: https://www.dchalton.ca/)
· Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) Halton is continuing to offer their “walk-in” counselling services via phone: https://halton.cmha.ca/our-services/get-support/
In the event that you are experiencing a mental health crisis, please contact one of these services: · COAST at 1-877-825-9011. (More information can be found here: https://halton.cmha.ca/our-services/in-a-crisis/)
· Crisis line for children, youth, and their parents/caregivers via Reach Out Centre for Kids (ROCK): 905-878-9785. OR Live Answer Access Line at 289-266-0036 between 9 -5 pm each business day. Messages cannot be left on this number.
· Text-based crisis support: https://www.crisistextline.org/